Thursday, November 13, 2008

Hunger Banquet-UVU

My Mom and I went to the Hunger Banquet at UVU and had so much fun. I was really impressed with the whole thing!

We were all randomly split into 3 groups... Upper Class, Middle Class, and Lower Class. My mom was placed in Lower class and I was put in Middle Class. We ate according to out classes. The picture above is of what my mom was given to eat, RiCe and bEaNs :)


I was given Pizza and Soda ^ and I may have rubbed it in my moms face a little...Just kidding I totally shared :D The Upper Class people were given a three course meal but it involved Roast Beed so I was actually much happier with my pizza haha. They did get a massive, chocolate brownie...I guess I wasn't given that because the universe knew that my hips really didnt need that brownie.
This is Bill Hulterstrom, President and CEO of United Way of Utah County. He gave seriously one of the most amazing speeches on service and volunteering. A completely different approach to the methods and attitudes of giving! I'll be meeting him in a few weeks to discuss my platform. Hopefully he can give me some good feedback and help me develope a little bit better.

1 comment:

.:.Queen B..:. said...

Ok, I wouldn't be normal if I wasn't curious as to what the Upper class people were given! Ooh and I've always wanted to go to this so next year, I'M YOUR DATE!!!