Monday, October 12, 2009

a greater good...


So I have recently made a decision that is not getting the best response from my family, when I graduate from Nursing school I am going to be an ArMy ReSeRvE NuRsE!
I feel so good about my decision and accept the risks, but am a little frustrated by the lack of support from {my mom} mostly. I am sure that I wont understand how she feels until I have my own daughter, but I wont be on the front lines holding a gun, I will be providing nursing care to those fighting for our country. I went into nursing to help others and have felt a strong pull towards a greater cause that, until now, I didn't feel like I could fulfill. I am SO EXCITED!

6 comments:

samunwritten said...

I think it's amazing and I think you'll do wonderful at it.
I have the highest respect for anyone who works for our military in any way, shape, or form.
I think it's an incredibly selfless choice and I say go for it!!

The Shelby's said...

Kaitlin you would be so amazing at that! I think that is seriously your calling in life! I support you 100 percent!! You are seriously my hero I love ya girl!

Kevin said...

wow kait. kudos to you!

.:.Queen B..:. said...

You're going to come home with an army guy!!! That's why she's nervous!! LoL And we won't get to meet him until you get back and have a ring on your finger! LoL jk LOVE YOU!!! you'll be fabulous

Unknown said...

Woo hoo!! I'm happy for you!!

Kate & Jordan Van Ausdal said...

you bad A! why did i not know this?